Brighton Township was created January 1, 1852 from parts of Cramahe and Murray Townships. The old Town Line ran from Presqu’ile Bay up Cedar and Prince Edward, east of Hilton, Orland and Codrington. It was an unusual step but created an ideal situation with the new township anchored by the growing town of Brighton and fed by the new Brighton and Seymour Gravel road. On New Year’s Day 2015, we will celebrate our 163rd Birthday.
Note: This image is a snip of the legislation that create Brighton Township on January 1, 1852. It outlines the parts of Cramahe and Murray that were taken to make up Brighton Township. Not sexy but ---- REAL!