As we transition from summer to fall (unofficially) there are many great finds at the Codrington Farmers’ Market (Sundays 10-2). You really should take the time to stop at each stall and chat with the vendor. We are very proud to feature local products. Here is a sampling of items you can find, but there are many more too.
- Local apples (Paula Red), granola bars, Loonsong Farm bringing oats, spelt, wheat, and rye using organic and Biodynamic practices and milling the grains with care;
- Potatoes, corn, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, greens, ferments, the “beet” goes on…..
- Balms, teas, tinctures, lotions, soaps, all created with the goal of making you feel good;
- Frozen sausage, beef, pork, chicken;
-Datesquares, fruit pies,muffins, hummus,in-hand snacks (Wraps, Quesadillas, Peameal Bacon Sandwiches), Cheese, eggs, frozen meals;
- Gorgeous flowers including glads, zinnias, sunflowers, and many more; new-crop Honey; Empire Cider; tasty Maple Syrup.
The Market is in its vegetable glory and Dorothy will be with us sampling a dish she calls Sorta Succotash. It's a way to celebrate the freshest of vegetables, all available at the Market and cooked in one pan.
As always, live music (Tina Nodwell), picnic tables, free coffee.