The Legion Winterlude is an evening of dinner and dance and everyone is welcome. Although ...the flyers of Winterlude don’t stay long on the boards, tickets for the event are still available and the Winterlude at the Legion is very much a go ahead.
1) Their schedule is busy. They have daily activities that are well attended and more people are always welcome. The activities include Zumba, Line Dancing, Darts, Yoga, Meat Draw and many more.
2) For local schools they hold contests, like the Remembrance Day poster and Literary Contest and on March 8 there will be a Public Speaking Contest.
3) The Legion has a Ladies Auxiliary group known for their “famous applecrisp” during applefest. They cater weddings, anniversaries, funerals, Christmas dinners and other events.
5) In 2014 the candle light vigil, poppy campaign and Remembrance Day celebrations were exceptionally well supported by our community. They had to order 3,000 extra poppies and for the first time sold all their candles. Also in 2014 Comrade Wilf Pound received the “Knight of the French National Order of the Legion of Honour”.
6) The Legion, like so many volunteer organizations, is in need of more active volunteers, some of them for their Executive Committee to take active leadership roles. I hope people will come forward and keep this important organization to our community active.
The Legion is on FB
https://www.facebook.com/BrightonLegion/timeline See More