The Brighton Horticultural Society was created at a meeting in the Brighton Town Hall. The Rev. A K McLeod, presided over the meeting that elected a full slate of officers with a membership of 125 joining. Meetings have been held every year since that date. http://www.gardenontario.org/site.php/brighton/about/
In May, 1925 the first two meetings of the Brighton Lawn Bowling Club were held at the Claredon Hotel and in September of 1925 they won their first game during a Belleville league play.
The Brighton Lawn Bowling Club has in their Club House 30 chairs of the Brighton Opera House.
The Brighton Lawn Bowling Club is one of the two privately owned lawn bowling clubs left in Ontario.
The Lawn Bowling Club and Horticultural Society will celebrate their 90th Anniversary together on May 30th.